Honda D Series Forum banner

Header Wrap?

2K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  modsHXcivi 
#1 ·
hey quick question.... is it worth the 35 bucks getting some header wrap for my kteller downpipe?? just a thought.... thanks!

#6 ·
explicitcivic said:
Don't get header wrap. Increases the chances of the header cracking and rusting.
if anything it PROTECTS from rust, PM transzex ask for a pic of his wraped header, it had NO rust where he wraped it and rust where it wasnt.

I have had it now for about a year and it works GREAT. and it wont crack, I have yet to see one example on the net of any non ceramic coated header crack.

#9 ·
ryan89crx said:
i love that my mani is wrapped. helps keep underhood temps down and easier to work around when the engine is warm :TU:
yup, you can almost touch primaries it works so well!

#13 ·
You could use header wrap on those cheap ebay headers to help them last longer I bet too. Not that those are what you are wraping but I thought it was a good thought.

#14 ·
Got Vtec? said:
You could use header wrap on those cheap ebay headers to help them last longer I bet too. Not that those are what you are wraping but I thought it was a good thought.
I did lol.

#19 ·
/\ /\ /\ that's what happen when you buy a cheap header cause transzex has a DC Sport header. and there's a thread on here that shows his header after i think he showed it after 2 years.

#26 ·
Summit Racing has some good stuff. They carry DEI wraps (previously mentioned) as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.