Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey quick question.... is it worth the 35 bucks getting some header wrap for my kteller downpipe?? just a thought.... thanks!

E

·
0 Posts
Don't get header wrap. Increases the chances of the header cracking and rusting.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
explicitcivic said:
Don't get header wrap. Increases the chances of the header cracking and rusting.
if anything it PROTECTS from rust, PM transzex ask for a pic of his wraped header, it had NO rust where he wraped it and rust where it wasnt.

I have had it now for about a year and it works GREAT. and it wont crack, I have yet to see one example on the net of any non ceramic coated header crack.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
ryan89crx said:
i love that my mani is wrapped. helps keep underhood temps down and easier to work around when the engine is warm :TU:
yup, you can almost touch primaries it works so well!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
cryz2 said:
how much do you need to wrap a 2 part 4-2-1 header
do you think 2" /15` will do it ??????
you'll need more than 15'... I think when i did mine it took somehing like 3'-4' feet per runner, then another 8' to do the downpipe

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You could use header wrap on those cheap ebay headers to help them last longer I bet too. Not that those are what you are wraping but I thought it was a good thought.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Got Vtec? said:
You could use header wrap on those cheap ebay headers to help them last longer I bet too. Not that those are what you are wraping but I thought it was a good thought.
I did lol.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
/\ /\ /\ that's what happen when you buy a cheap header cause transzex has a DC Sport header. and there's a thread on here that shows his header after i think he showed it after 2 years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts