Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 civic cx and i just put an ebay header on it and my stock intake manifold had an o2 censor on the manifold and on the cat and the new header has a bunghole on the header so i hooked that one up and the downpipe on te new header has a bunghole but the o2 censor doesnt reach so i just pluged it with the bolt it came with and my car runs fine but the check engine light is on because of it

so my q is

does it hurt to just run one os censor and it it slowing me down at all

thanx alot in advance

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can u use like skinny speaker wire

what would be the best kind and also on my o2 censor there it 2 black wires and i already cut them does it matter wich one goes to wich ?

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
I don;t believe that was his question...unfortuanately i do not know the answer myself so hopefully someone else will

·
Registered
348 Posts
Its shouldn't hurt, but you are losing power. IIRC, the car will run on a preset map if it can't read the O2 Sensor. Just extend your wire for the second O2 Sensor.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanx but about the 2 black wires does it mater if i mix them up cuz there botch black or what and also what should i use to extend them

·
Registered
348 Posts
ok thanx but about the 2 black wires does it mater if i mix them up cuz there botch black or what and also what should i use to extend them
I dunno, I've never worked on an OBD-2 car. You should use 16 gauge wire to extend them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can attach either of the 2 black wires to each other, there only heater wires and they work at the same time so it does not make a differenace but it is worth getting it sorted asap.

If you can try and find some heat prove wiring (like Honda use as standard) as there is a high volume of heat moving around the front of the manifold, Also another good thing to do when soldering the wires together, put some heat shrink over the wire first and then heat it up once it's soldered.

This will just help to stenghten the join and make it look a bit more presentable.

Hope that helps

Chris :)

·
Registered
see my car lol
81 Posts
+1 on the 2 black wires! they're just to the heater and it doesnt matter if you cross them. also try to use small gauge wire like honda uses. (18guage)
and you can get the plastice wire harness covering at yor local parts store to make it look a prof. job where you extended it. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts