Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some quick advice. My sister's 98 LX auto has a stopped up pre-cat and cracked exh. mani, so i suggested just getting an ebay header. I need to find an O2 bypass so it won't throw a code on the upper O2 sensor, do ya'll know where I can find one? No luck for me on ebay, but my net keeps d/c'ing me.

I'm not familiar with the Y7 (she lives a few hours away), but i'm assuming it has 2 o2's, one before precat, one after, but correct me if i'm wrong.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
When you buy the Header for a Ex Model, you're correct, you screw one o2 on the Header and you will need to go to a Muffler shop and put a Cat at the end of the Second Piece of the Header and have them put a o2 sensor bung after the Cat so you can put the Secondary o2 sensor there. Just extend the wires all the way to the second plug.

I installed a ebay Header but I haven't gone to a Muffler shop to put a Cat or the Bung or nothing yet. My Light is on cause I don't have the Secondary o2 Sensor on yet. She could run like that but the Muffler will make that ugly little noise cause it has no cat.

Here's what I have so far...

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101099

1 - 2 of 2 Posts