Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki Aerio
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didn't realize my a/c line was pushed up against my header...after a bit of driving, i heard a hissing sound, popped the hood, and where the RED SQUARE is in the pic, it completely burned through the line! i could feel/hear/smell the refrigerant, but could not see it, lol.

my question is, if the refrigerant leaked out from THAT hose (red square), does that mean my entire system is discharged?

i want to start removing my a/c components...is it safe to do so now?

TIA for any insight

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
i would suggest wrapping it with ducktape for now to keep it from getting shit in the system. Then go to the junkyard get a new line (or take your old line and get a new rubber hose put on.. no small task. Then flush, vac, fill with r12.. and r12's going rate is still pretty high vs r134a.

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki Aerio
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:dots:

if you guys are making fun of me, i knooooooow you can't see the refrigerant...

BUT when the techs at the dealership found a leak at one of the shrader valves on the lines near the firewall, some R12 escaped, and it formed a "cloud" and didn't go anywhere. just hovered over the engine bay.

by saying i could feel/hear/smell the refrigerant, but could not see it, lol, i just wanted to assure you guys i knew it was leaking from there for sure.

i'm not a complete retard. i just don't fully understand a/c systems.

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki Aerio
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would suggest wrapping it with ducktape for now to keep it from getting shit in the system. Then go to the junkyard get a new line (or take your old line and get a new rubber hose put on.. no small task. Then flush, vac, fill with r12.. and r12's going rate is still pretty high vs r134a.
i'm not interested in ever having a/c in this car again. i've only put 8,000 miles on it in the past FOUR years.

i want to remove everything for good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts