Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i posted this over on sohchonda.com but some of you might not venture over there so i thought i would share it here as well. i just finished mocking this up yesterday and took it over to my buddies house to make sure it would fit in the engine bay, since i mocked it on a motor on a stand. everything fits very well and i will be able to retain power steering with it. unfortunetely it is winter here in MN and i have my car put away and the motor ripped out, so it will be a few months before i can dyno it and see what kind of numbers it makes.
1 5/8" piping, 27 inch primaries, equal length, true merge, 2.5" exit. will be going on a fairly modified engine so hoping it makes power.

·
Registered
167 Posts
good lookin header!!!!how much you got into it?

·
0 Posts
Who do you recomend going to for dyno time, Im guessing your in the twin cities area?

·
Registered
531 Posts
did you take any step by step pics when constructing it? What method did you use to mock it up...flex pipe or what? Also, like someone asked above...how much you got into it? Did you use a mandrel bender or did you just cut prebent U's?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
hey guys
i did not take any pictures doing the mock up process. i dont personally have a digital camera so i used my buddies when i was at his house. it is constructed of mild steel, so that kept cost down some on this unit. i am an automotive engineering major at MSU mankato and have free access to the dyno at school. i recently got my business license and started Red District Racing Products and i distribute many aftermarket honda racing parts, but i would like to get heavily into fabrication of headers, manifolds, cages, etc. right now i am just focusing on the building of our race car for the upcoming season. we will be campaigning the IMPORT WARS QUICK 16 class and trying to make it to a few BOTI events. so im just trying to get things off the ground a little, get my degree, and build some quality parts and test the hell out of them before i sell anything to anybody. i realize money is hard to come by, so when i sell products i want them to be top-notch and proven. i didnt create this thread in an attempt to sell product i was just pumped about mocking this up and wanted to share it with you guys. i am honored that it got stickied and i will keep you guys posted. have a great day=)

M

·
0 Posts
congrats on your accomplishment. hope all works out very well when goin to the dyno then. keep us updated.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Good response man...you just forgot a couple. What did you use to mock it up..flex pipe or some type of tubing or what? Did you use a pipe bender or cut pre-bent U's? What do you think your final cost was?

·
Registered
726 Posts
really nice job man :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i started with runner #4 and just went from there. i dont have a mandrel bender so i bought 180 degree bends and cut them where i wanted/needed. i probably have about $130 in materials without welding/grinding materials and equipment, and that is for mild steel products. i will have over 40 hrs into it by the time i'm done i am sure.

·
Registered
636 Posts
how about the welding "spikes" inside..think about the flow

·
Registered
531 Posts
RYAN....DUDE YOU READ MY MIND!!! That pic you had made that bitches ass look real terrible..no offense....that pic you got there is the hotness!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I guess I'll sound stupid, but isn't that header a little long with a lot of bends? I know a couple of guys that own/race a car, and their exhaust had smaller bends and went straight out the side of the front bumper. It seems to me that that header has to many bends to be as affective as you'd want a race car to be. I'm just curious to know how you came up with that design. Let me know...

Looks mean tho!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.