Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend just gave me a Chikara header for my car, because my stock one has a hole in it! anyways i'm going to install it and and i notice that the old header has like a o2 sensor at the bottom of the shorty header and the new header doesn't have a place for it? whats the deal here? do i need to get a o2 extension or just not use it? if i need an extension where do i get one of those? thanks!

D

(ps please don't tell me how the Chikara header is crap) :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
well yeah you need to use your o2 sensor or else you'll be in limp mode.....

just cut the wires and extend them. either solder or crimp them together and use shrink wrap to eliminate water exposure

·
Registered
826 Posts
I used 18gauge wire its the same as your oem o2 sensor. ebay has some good deals on o2sensor exstensions i picked one up for around $15 shipped.
are the ebay o2 sensors decent quality. im just skeptical of electronics on ebay

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i bought some wire that is abit thicker, hopefully it works.... now i just have one problem, without thinkin i snipped all the wires to extend them, and then noticed the 2 black wires, does it mater if these 2 black wires get crossed as i don't know which is which now or is there a way of telling? haha i'm such a nooob

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help boys, rep all around! its one and working, well no CEL so it appears to be good, only thing is it is a 2 piece header and right where the second piece is, is like tight against my block so abit of rattling, damn shitty header haha...

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
thanks for the help boys, rep all around! its one and working, well no CEL so it appears to be good, only thing is it is a 2 piece header and right where the second piece is, is like tight against my block so abit of rattling, damn shitty header haha...
Never had a rattling problem with mine, had it on for over 8 months and through a brutal newfoundland winter. only problem i had is with the mid gasket blowing out pretty good. but everyone has that problem with 2 piece header designs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts