Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am shopping for a header for my mini motor that i will be putting my jrsc on should i get a
4-1 ebay header-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98-HONDA-CIVIC-SOHC-EK-4-1-RACING-SS-HEADER-99-00_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ019QQitemZ8070005733QQrdZ1
or get a 4-2-1 ebay header -http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Real-Stainless-Header-Honda-Civic-92-93-94-95-4-2-1-EG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQitemZ8071630886QQrdZ1
i know either one will probally need some dremal love but wondering which would u guys reccomend. and what are u guys using for a intakes? i plan to use a short ram chopped up
thanks

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
I used a dc 4-2-1 one piece with mine, I heard that the kamikazze is supposed to be the shit with a jackson. I used a short ram with mine too. I had a cai with it for awhile and had more low end torque with a short ram

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i mihgt not be keeping this car for to long so yea. not looking to spend alot of $$ how much is the kamakazi header and where can i get it from if its; to much i'll jsut go with an ebay header which is better 4-1- or 4-2-1? same shit if its ebay crap?
thanks

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
4-1 will be more top end, 4-2-1 will be more low end. I think the kamikazzee is a 4-1

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
under boost. you want the frre flowing Kami..........

4-1 or 4-2-1 not gona matter under forcefed conditions.

The Kami with it's big and short primarys is too much for a NA motor, perfect for a SC motor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
DC 4-1 is also great as is stillen 4-1 also.
I have a book with some dynos on it and the Kami... DC and stillen were the best with minimal differences.
Kami a bit more power up top and loosing some down low.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Listen to transzex, hes right about the kamikaze header. If you honestly dont care, than why not stay stock? Unless you cant. Otherwise spend roughly $250 from ptunning.com with free shipping for the kamikaze. And they told me they can get the ones with 2.5 inch collectors for the same prices as normal ones including free shipping. But thats if you do care .....

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
4-2-1 will give you more low end with SC that give brutal tq at lower range, and we know if engine and SC aren't modified hardly, Hp on supercharger is stay much lower than turbo setup, but the key is the tq.

But result may be different on each setup. Like transex said, 4-1 or 4-2-1 have less difference between due to forced induction but it has little bit anyways the powerband you'll target.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hmmmm since u're on the topic of headers..
what would the long tube equal length headers do with the JRSC? I've been thinking about getting one for the longest time but still waiting to see if anyoen comes out with one that allows for both AC and PS... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts