Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How ya doin everyone. Well, I have a JDM D15B swapped into my hatch, and I have a DC 4-2-1 header on it right now. But it's already showing wear and tear. I bought it used off a buddy of mine, and it was already getting it's normal small cracks around the welds and stuff like MOST DC's.
Well, i'm looking into eventually getting a new one, but i'm unsure of what to get.
Does anyone know of a better header for a single cam? Or is DC as good as it get's? I don't mind getting another DC, I just would like to know if there is anything better out there for them.
Thanks alot guys!

Justin

·
Registered
639 Posts
Depends on how much money you spend and what you wanna do with the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I don't want to get TOO crazy with the money. And this car is my daily driver, maybe a couple of street races here and there sometimes I guess.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I bought a 4-1 ebay gold header.. XSPower.. from SSAutochrome. It is pretty good. It didn't affect the lower end torque that much, at least I didn't notice. Just noticed a slight increase around 6000 rpm. Little more raspier than the 4-2-1. It cost me 140 CDN shipped to my door. I think it is worth every penny. The really is no sense in spending another 300 on a dc or whatever when you can pay half for something virtual the same.. Unless you are gonna spend 1500 on a SMSP or Hytech do not expect too much performance gains from a header.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm...I was also looking at the edelbrock header. It's cheaper than the DC, and I KNOW that they are a good company too.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes Edelbrock has a very good product, or else Vic wouldn't put his name on it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm..maybe i'll go with the Polished Stainless Steel Edelbrock next.
I have the Ceramic Coated DC right now, and it looks like poo.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My stainless one is a cool blue already! I like it

·
Registered
639 Posts
^^^^^
Hense why I said don't spend the money on a DC

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just looked at the Megan Website. Those headers are the same price as the Edelbrock's anyways.
I personally would rather get Edelbrock's.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i paid like 120 shipped i think for mine.... ebay is your friend
the ebay BADGELESS ones that look just like megan racing ones.. ARE megan racing ones.. your payment even goes to them and they are liek 50 bucks shipped

1 - 15 of 15 Posts