Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the weather around here has been getting quite a bit more chilly I have been using my heat more often. I believe this has been inducing some horrible headaches. When I have the air on recirc I'm fine, but when I change it to the fresh air I get a faint smell of exhaust and after 5 minutes I have a headache. Is this common? Am I just a hypocondirach (SP?)? Is there a way to diagnose it? If it could be an exhaust leak..... Is there a way to fix it? Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, I'm hoping its not mold in my carpet or seats. Since I've taken out the spare tire and cover I find water in the rear of my hatch.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Well if your fine on recirculation then the interior is fine. You have an exhausr leak beacause CO (carbon monoxide) will give you a headache and could poison you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, good times. I love being poisoned. Any way to tell where its coming from? I'd love to have an excuse for a new header/exhaust :-o

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you want to find the leak in your exhaust, I use Seafoam. I coulden't miss the white smoke comeing out of every joint and hole in my exhaust. The only place mine dosen't leak is from the block to the exhaust manifold and the manifold to the b-pipe.

·
Registered
910 Posts
blink3665 said:
Oh, good times. I love being poisoned. Any way to tell where its coming from? I'd love to have an excuse for a new header/exhaust :-o
Well if you had access to a 4 gas machine or falmmable gas detector, those will work. Otherwise put the car on jacks while the engines running and feel around and see where the leak is, and also look for any carbon deposits on the outside of the exhaust.Those will give you a clue on where theres a leak. And do you have a working catalytic converter??

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions, Hopefully I'll have time to get around the car this weekend.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be serious!

How are your brakes feeling? Doesnt the booster use scavenged exhaust? Maybe that's another thing to check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts