Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Tuesday night ended my 90k stock internals Y8 with a 279whp, 244fptq, had no idea that kind of power was coming out, was shooting to tune at 200-210whp, instead was shooting pieces of rod out the oil pan. Now I have been given a complete Z6, actually had to take the whole car, car is trashed but motor is a builder. Since I am taking the time for forged internals, I would like to go ahead and have some minor head work done. My problem is that I don't have a ton of money but know that now is the time to do it. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone that does head work and is reasonable? Maybe a light port, new valves and springs.

Also, anyone know if I can just run my Y8 distributor (spell check that one) in the Z6 head so I can keep my harness and not have to deal with any electrical? I'm not sure if my Y8 head is any good or I would just plan on it sitting on the Z6 block.

Any advice for this venture would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yea or since the car is down you have time to send it somewhere to get work done. Exospeed does good work. I love the head i got from dh-racing even though they take forever to send your stuff and or the diy'er you can do it yourself with some practice and a dremel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts