Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals, well some crack heads broke into my ek last night and ripped the radio clean out the dash! Thats all they managed 2 grab but they got it good. They just yanked until it came out. Now my question is the wires behind the radio are all ripped (no clip it came out with the radio), so how do i put a new radio in now? do i gotta change my wiring harness or could i get a clip out another civic strip and re-sodder wires together? any advice people besides thieves are gay!

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
^^^^ damn, you beat me to it. Thats where I got mine when I had my coupe. Rep for beating me to the punch. I decided to post in another thread I guess while you answered. lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
theirs a guy selling the extension to the radio harness with the clip on ebay for like 10 bucks. I bought mine from him because my car didnt have the clip and i wanted to clean up under my dash. You can probably get the clip cheaper at a junkyard or just direct connect your radio which is how mine was just not as clean.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
well i got a 96 ek so i think that should fit shouldn't it 96-00 all same rite? also what do u guys mean by "hard wiring" my radio? unlike those thieves u guys rock!!! thanks 4 all ur help people
by hard wiring they mean if your harness from your car is hacked(aka plug is missing) you just wire the radio directly to your car. no plugs.

·
Registered
721 Posts
its easy to hardwire as long as you have the diagram. I just did my deck lastnight, I had same issue, but I bought the car like that, glad it wasn't me that had my shit rocked. I've had shit stolen in the past, worst part is I know who did it, and he knows I know..little SOB moved 5 provinces away, lucky for him or I would have installed the deck he stole out of my civic in his rectum, solder and all!!

Anyways, when i did mine there was 3 wires I didn't need, not too sure wtf they do, there was 2 ground, I only hooked one up to the deck, and there was these 2 little red wires with black slashes, super thin like 22 gauge or something that had no purpose on a cd player, I think they may have been left over for one of those fantastic honda equalizers :p Front speakers are easy to figure out, the harness wires change colour at the doors, theres a plastic gromet with a plug, the wires coming from the car to the door will be the right colours you need to hook up, the back ones are more difficult because you sometimes have to trace the wires from the speaker or do trial and error and play a cd while making educated guesses...ground constant and accessory wires are the easiest...good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well u guys have been nothin but helpful. so i got my new cd player & harness clip today. when i went to try 2 match up the harness clip wires with the wires in my car the ones in my car had some black substance on them. idk wtf it is it looks like engine gasket or silicone or sumthing, whoever put the radio in must have used it(idk why). so i probably have 2 replace all the wires cuz i cant tell which 2 match up with my harness clip or the radio. are the wires in the dash that connect 2 the radio like a harness or is it connected to sumthin else? i dont think its part of the wiring harness is it? any help pals?

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
well u guys have been nothin but helpful. so i got my new cd player & harness clip today. when i went to try 2 match up the harness clip wires with the wires in my car the ones in my car had some black substance on them. idk wtf it is it looks like engine gasket or silicone or sumthing, whoever put the radio in must have used it(idk why). so i probably have 2 replace all the wires cuz i cant tell which 2 match up with my harness clip or the radio. are the wires in the dash that connect 2 the radio like a harness or is it connected to sumthin else? i dont think its part of the wiring harness is it? any help pals?
sounds like electrical tape goo to me. :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what do u mean by twist it? im not sure if u understand that i cannot tell what color the wires are they are all black. thanx 4 ur help though

1 - 20 of 34 Posts