Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i were to swap out my old shitty d17a1(lx) head for the vtec D17a2 (ex) head would i be able to use my lx exhaust manifold or would i need to buy a new manifold right away too? Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have both motors, the d17a1 has two cats if if not mistaken one built into the manifold... the a2 does not... So yeah swap it you'll notice a difference and just go with a cheap chikara or something if you don't have the money

B

·
0 Posts
All you need to do is get a header and a high flow cat. If you have a cat-back then you will get the cat welded onto the exhaust - close to the manifold but a little behind the oil pan. ;) - b/c the stock manifold has the cat welded to it. So, in short get rid of the old cat and get another, but make sure you do NOT get an ex header unless you have the block to drop into the bay also ;). I'm done.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You can use the A1 manifold. I think both heads, d17a1 and d17a2, have the same castings.

If you don't have a crower manifold or plann to, don't do a head swap. the 12hp extra on the a2 is because of the higher compession and a little different tuning. you only will have some little more hp's.

vtec-e is for economy not performance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts