Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to swap a fuel injection head onto my 1985 1.5 cvcc honda civic wagon an d use motorcycle carburetors thanks

·
Registered
977 Posts
Okay and?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Take some bolts off and put some bolts back in.

O Yea, theres a few wires too

·
Registered
344 Posts
want to swap a fuel injection head onto my 1985 1.5 cvcc honda civic wagon an d use motorcycle carburetors thanks
I'm confused.

You say you want to swap a fuel injection head onto the engine,
but also want to use bike carbs? Why, then, use that head?

Also, I thought the injected 1.5 engines from around 1985 weren't CVCC. After all, once they had PGM-FI, Honda didn't need the pre-chamber.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
85-87 civics either had carbs for the base models, or fuel injection for the SI models.

It literally was just ignition and fuel injection changes, and you got 10-20hp either way.

I prefer the hydra swap on 3rd gen civics. old integra dual cam 1.6 head, little work, and you have a 140+ crank horse setup that rips really good, IF you can find all the good parts still.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I dunno if the 85-87 civics were all cvcc.

But you do not have any prechamber stuff with the hydra swap.

It was basically creating a 1.5 liter higher compression version of the dohc d16 found in the 86-89 integras (for US market at least)

same concept as the z6 and y8 heads on non-vtec obd0/1/2 blocks. since the non-vtec motors generally made compression with the pistons and the vtec heads (D series) usually made compression with the head chamber, combining each makes for a great peppy daily driver

1 - 10 of 10 Posts