Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Well I finally got my exospeed stage 2 head for my z6 on monday so it's time to do some work. The plan for the weekend is to install the head, ported throttle body (60mm) and cold air intake (replace the short ram) and I got my head studs from Deck to FINALLY use. The head has new springs/retainers reground exo camshaft and PnP job. I do plan on port matching the TB to InMani as well as the head ports to the InMani and ExMani (I'm not real sure what I'm doing which is why I'm going to learn on the stock InMani and ExMani so when I upgrade those parts later I'll at least have that experience - should I be able to do the job with my dremel? what tips/bits would you suggest using?)

I'm going to make sure to clean the block the best I can - brake cleaner should be ok to use right?
I will go over the entire head (hopfully tomorrow night) to make sure everything's tightened down properly.
Changing coolant and oil will also happen.
I will be picking up another set of plugs - most likely just Bosch because they work well and are cheap.

Can you provide any additional things I should do or look for? Can you give me any tips on port matching?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
for plugs i'd say stay away from the boschs and get some ngk's, best imo and there cheap. just becareful when you port the i/m take your time and dont rush....Do you have an adj. camgear??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no camgear yet - I was going to purchase it and install it before I took it in for a full tuning - gonna run it stock for the break in period

about the port matching, the main thought I'm keeping in mind is air flow - I don't think I'll be able to port the IM to 60mm the whole length to the chamber with my dremel so my goal is to round the corners to keep the air turbulance to a minimum... is it even worth my time if that's all I do?

I hope I can find ngks... I think my discount auto carries them

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do a search on here about port matching (with pics)... i saw one a while back using flap wheels (?) or whatever they're called... nice and smooth and much easier than a dremel...

if i find... i will post...

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
check the DIY forum. I believe there's a good thread about that.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
jb2178 said:
Hey guys,
Well I finally got my exospeed stage 2 head for my z6 on monday so it's time to do some work. The plan for the weekend is to install the head, ported throttle body (60mm) and cold air intake (replace the short ram) and I got my head studs from Deck to FINALLY use. The head has new springs/retainers reground exo camshaft and PnP job. I do plan on port matching the TB to InMani as well as the head ports to the InMani and ExMani (I'm not real sure what I'm doing which is why I'm going to learn on the stock InMani and ExMani so when I upgrade those parts later I'll at least have that experience - should I be able to do the job with my dremel? what tips/bits would you suggest using?)

I'm going to make sure to clean the block the best I can - brake cleaner should be ok to use right?
I will go over the entire head (hopfully tomorrow night) to make sure everything's tightened down properly.
Changing coolant and oil will also happen.
I will be picking up another set of plugs - most likely just Bosch because they work well and are cheap.

Can you provide any additional things I should do or look for? Can you give me any tips on port matching?

Thanks!
I'm jealous :) . Pics? Keep us posted.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and mad props to Wil and Exospeed - it took some time but the guy did have a baby during that time - Big Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts