Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into mini me swaps

I have an automatic d16 and had no way to work the vtec

so instead im thinking of slapping a d16y8 head to slightly bump up the compression

is that all I need to do? or is there more?

different gasoline? ecu tune?

im looking to get any gains I can with this

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
should be fine as li=ong as deck heights match and you use the ecu for the head or obd equivient. ie obd2 head obd 1 car use obd 1 ecu. but would help to know the block is it a a6? y7?

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
if its the car in the AVI d16y7 if its stock.

Honeslty ive done a few minimes, and they are not worth the headache. Best bets with what you have is to either fully swap it to a y8, or replace the IM with a y8 IM. That y7 manifold is notorious for choking power out of our anemic motors (however for fuel economy they are TITS!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm already running a Y8 manifold and it works WONDERS, almost feels like vtec hahah, do I need to be specific with the D16y7 block?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there automatic Y8s? Where Vtec engages and all? I don't want to tamper with everything trying to make it 5 speed.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Yes there are Y8 auto's. I'd recommend running a Y8 intake (which Y8 intake would depend on the make/model of your car) and I wouldn't bother doing a mini-me swap. Just pull your head, mill it, and run a cam gear to compensate for timing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts