Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a bit of advice so please only helpfull comments.

I have an integra 1995 dc1 i have full upgraded the chassis now brakes arb's wheels and tyres, front and back braces etc. The car is going in for a full respray this weekend. I now need to think about the engine a bit more.

At the moment it is a sohc 1.6 ZC JDM engine. It has a stand alone ecu omex 600 and itb's. It has a full de cat exhaust including a japseed header. It is running approximately 135hp. I now want to get a bit more serious with the engine.

The problem is in the uk there are not to many places that stock parts and if they do they are for the vtec heads. Would i be better of getting a vtec head as i can then get a new cam and valve train aswell as getting the head ported and polished. If so which head would fit my engine. I know my ecu can run the vtec but what would be involved to run the vtec. I am aiming for around 180 bhp so i need around another 45hp is this a realistic target.

Have pics of my set up on my profile.

Sorry abit long winded but need some advice as i havent got the wealth of tuners you have in the States.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
If you've got a ZC you can send the cam to Delta cams. They can do a regrind for fairly cheap, anything from mild to not streetable.

If you want to go with a VTEC head a Z6 and Y8 head will both bolt to your motor. The SOHC ZC is basically a D16A6 so any info you find for the A6 will apply to the ZC.

I'm not sure what you'll have to do to your harness/computer to run VTEC.

180 HP out of a NA D is apparently attainable (there's a 180 whp D in the n00b section) but it won't be easy and won't be streetable.

You could easily hit 200 with a turbo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts