Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
05 Wrx
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to order head studs from summit and the guy on the phone told me ARP does not make head studs for the a6. So I am at a loss, here. They do make z6 and y8 studs, does anyone else find this odd.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
No, not odd

Im sure they did a market analysis and determined what studs they should/should not make based upon demand.

Email them, they will send you a form to measure up and put hte numbers for your block, which they can then produce a custom set for you. I tried this with my Y8 mainstuds.

·
Registered
934 Posts
it would be great if you can post the reply from them. I would also like some ARP bolts. would the Z6 bolts work on an A6? Only asking since my sohc ZC is basically the same as the a6 block. i do know they make it for the Z6. ARP Part#: 208-4301, for the D16Y its part#: 208-4305.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
4301 is the last 4 digits you need. But, if you're running high compression with your A6...the studs will only save you from warping your block ;)

I just blew the head gasket, I thank ARP studs for saving me so far...no overheating...but the gasket is gone.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
What size socket is the EXACT fit for the stud bolts? 13mm is the closest I can get to it, but they are stripping the bolts fast!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts