Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm doing a vitara build Z6 bottom end with a Y8 head. not sur with head stud to use Z6 or Y8

thanks for the help

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Need the z6 studs. Use the stud set for the block you are using. Some will say you need 1 head bolt for that setup, but i did mine a month ago with only the studs for the z6 block. Gl

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
LOl .....now since i just moved from Tamarac a few weeks ago....

·
Registered
1988 CRX
544 Posts
I've heard to use the studs from the head you're using? That's what I did with my D15B2/Y8 minime swap, and it worked fine.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
so i guess this is going to start to become a monthly thing like some other questions. here is your answer, enough said.

FJ Distributors

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
so i guess this is going to start to become a monthly thing like some other questions. here is your answer, enough said.

FJ Distributors
Does not really help its says use this kit... Other than supporting FJ which I am all about a "kit" is not telling you which actual studs you need what if for some reason someone wanted stock bolts. Do we know still.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
it does tell him, it tells him to by the right kit for his build and be done with it.

if i could find the post, there was one here a way back when someone ran into the issue, he end up using 9 z6 studs and special order stud. z6 was to long y8 was to short by half a inch.

if i can dig it out of my backed up bookmarks i will gladly post it

i have seen probably like a post a month regarding this

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
it does tell him, it tells him to by the right kit for his build and be done with it.

if i could find the post, there was one here a way back when someone ran into the issue, he end up using 9 z6 studs and special order stud. z6 was to long y8 was to short by half a inch.

if i can dig it out of my backed up bookmarks i will gladly post it

i have seen probably like a post a month regarding this
I think the rule of thumb is use the size for the block on all holes except the driver rear closest to the brake booster and rear passenger/battery you match to the head. I am looking for the post too

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
fine he and you can use whatever you like, been there done that and that is why it's just easier to say here is the kit you need know go be happy

and what i meant was the z6 was 1/2 inch to long and the y8 1/2inch to short, hence the need for the custom one, and if memory serves me correctly it's by the vtec solenoid

·
Registered
broke ass nissan har
17 Posts
haha this is awesome... DO NOT GET Y8 STUDS THEY WILL BE TOO SHORT... how do i know??? The guy that I got my del sol from was doing a vitara build and ordered y8 studs from arp to find out thay were too short. z6 head studs work though.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Need the z6 studs. Use the stud set for the block you are using. Some will say you need 1 head bolt for that setup, but i did mine a month ago with only the studs for the z6 block. Gl
haha this is awesome... DO NOT GET Y8 STUDS THEY WILL BE TOO SHORT... how do i know??? The guy that I got my del sol from was doing a vitara build and ordered y8 studs from arp to find out thay were too short. z6 head studs work though.
^^^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts