Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start up a collection of head shaving information. I have been doing a ton of research on my gas mileage build coming up in the spring. Lots of compression techniques, but of course the most popular outside of pistons is head shaving.

Post up the most you ever took off. Be sure to specify teh cylinder head.

If you wanna add, toss your setup for all to see.

Ill start it off.

full d15b2 - 0.025 My way of gaining a bit of mileage out of that old dualpoint crap. Love it, and hate it lol

d15b7 - 010 squared the head

Didnt shave/deck any other of my motors

Id nlike to see some extremes like the ol PM3 heads with 50-60 off, and pictures. I know they are in a few NA build threads (cough, "oco" cough)

get started!

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
there has been over .100 taken off a head and it ran fine. i personally have only ever done .005 on my old b7 and my old y8. so far my new car hasnt had the head off yet but we'll see. if it does im goin .02

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i have a pm3 milled .060 down stairs being ported id take pics but the surface is all taped of to protect it. its for my b2 build with a crane 12 cam, isky springs, modded dc header, edelbrock intake , and arp rod bolts and head studs

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on!
keep this moving!

Bone, OCO as in they have a thread like this?

Doesnt hurt to have a dupe!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
rushi milled .110 off a pm3, but had to do some serious work to the pistons there was enough clearance but from the head being milled so much it changed were the valves were in relation to the valve reliefs and also had to use a 22 tooth pulley off a gsr water pump instead of the 19 tooth that is on the d pump

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have several rushi threads bookmarked! mastermind in motion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts