Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
in reality, just take the valve cover off and see if there is anything. the springs are obvious, the cam is right in the middle under some shit but u can still kinda see it and look underneath to see the valves.

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
I was about to post a similar question, so I'll just jack this guys thread.

I recently bought a head, that has questionable work done to it. The guy suggested it might have springs/retainers.

So always off with the cover, no springs or retainers. A bit disapointed, I notice it's been ported a bit intake and exhaust. So I had some hopes of maybe a cam!

Unfortunatly I've never seen a sohc vtec cam up close. From what I see of it I have reason to believe it may be aftermarket, but maybe someone has pictures?

specifically I didn't notice any rough casting marks inbetween the lobes, it seems to be all smooth, like a cnc'd piece of metal would.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
theres usually a part number or some kind of inscription on the distributor side of the cam.. and for the retainers and springs, the retainers should have some kind of logo on them, and odds are if theres aftermarket retainers, theres springs there too

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
theres usually a part number or some kind of inscription on the distributor side of the cam.. and for the retainers and springs, the retainers should have some kind of logo on them, and odds are if theres aftermarket retainers, theres springs there too
:werd:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts