Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of u know im building a all motor b18c1. i have put usdm jdm p73-A0 pistons in it..im wanting to bump my compression up a little so im wanting to mil the head. not quite sure how i can mil the head while keeping good clearance for when i get cams. if i mil the head .010 and get a 2 layer head gasket it will put me at a static comp ration of 11.55:1 im trying to get 11.5 or more but dont know exactly how much i can do safely..any info would be great! thanks guys.. btw im using this comp ratio calculator...

Honda B-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
clay the engine with the stock head and cams and see how much clearance you have then you will be able to determine how much you can mill the head also take into consideration the lift of the cams you intend to use

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
claying the motor will work, but will need to figure out a way to lock in vtec since that lobe is much larger. 0.010 isnt that much really. I have to take off 0.030

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i mean its a stock gsr with usdm type r pistons..so there should be plenty of clearance..if i could mil my head .030 and use a 2 layer head gasket i will be at 12.24:1 compression and that would be pretty nice considering this will be a budget all motor drag build.. im just not sure of the clearence using cams which will either be skunk2 pro 1s or bisi stage 2s

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
i mean its a stock gsr with usdm type r pistons..so there should be plenty of clearance..if i could mil my head .030 and use a 2 layer head gasket i will be at 12.24:1 compression and that would be pretty nice considering this will be a budget all motor drag build.. im just not sure of the clearence using cams which will either be skunk2 pro 1s or bisi stage 2s
"Should" be plenty of clearance?

Wait to get cams and clay the engine.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not sure what cams to go with..blox cams, skunk2s,bisi, etc...once i figure that out i can order them

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
not sure what cams to go with..blox cams, skunk2s,bisi, etc...once i figure that out i can order them
Match the cams with what kind of powerband you want. Seen people buy dumb shit because it was a good deal only to have a powerband that was totally wrong for what they were trying to do.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
yeah i think your best bet is pick your cams, clay the motor, and take it from there.

dont forget that with aftermarket cams you will need to degree them... so degree them before you check your clearances.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts