Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a D16z6 that I have already torn down and the block and head are in great shape, I want to build this motor powerful and really reliable. I know that I want to have the head ported and polished and have the head as well as the block machined but not bored, I also want to build it with race bearings, high compression pistons, and a block guard but that is where my list ends I don’t know what the best upgrades in terms of power to the head would be. I also want to upgrade my ignition system a little I don’t want to over do it but I want it to be a little better than stock. By the way this motor is going to go into a 91 si hatch with an manual transmission and a lighter flywheel but a stock clutch and pressure plate assembly it is a project car that I might do a forced induction system on I haven’t made up my mind yet. I know that I am going to take 16 thousandths off the block what is the most I can take off the head before I run into problems? Anyone that know good upgrades for the head please let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want every last horse that i can out of this motor. and my budget is pretty much endless i am going to be building this over time.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
i want every last horse that i can out of this motor. and my budget is pretty much endless i am going to be building this over time.
Well, Simple:
Send your Head to a Machine Shop and get a Multi Angle Valve Job.
Get some Oem Valves.

If I was Ballin, I would buy all my Parts at Fj Distributors to get Everything else for the Head and the Block;)
A simple Hone to the Cylinders and Start putting it together:td:

Are you doing the work yourself?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i will be putting it all together myself. what is the most that i can machine my head with out any problems if i am going to run high compression pistions. what should i do in terms of valve springs what is the best you guys have used.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i wouldnt go buying hi compression pistons if you havent decided whether or not to boost instead lol
prolly should think about that

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i know that i will one day boost this motor but i just want to get all the hp out of it na before i do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts