Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is by far the best thing that i have ever done to my 92 Civic CX. when you leave your lights on this thing goes nutts. it's pretty loud and you can't miss it.

ok first you go to radio shack and buy a 12v peizo buzzer. i think that i paid $2 for mine. then you just add it in like the pics below. i used 3m double sided tape to attach mine to the bottem on the fuse block.

Reactions: 99ctrhatch

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you leave your lights on like me then do this. you'll love it. as soon as you turn your key off when you have the lights on on it will buzz pretty loud. when i open my door with the alarm disarmed on my car it flashes the lights for 15 sec so it buzzes everytime that happens to. it's pretty neat and has saved me 2 times since i installed it 3 months ago.

T

·
0 Posts
Hey Guys,
I tried this and it did not work for the life of me. I tried everything but it still won't work. When I touch the wires to the appropriate terminal it only sounds for a second and then stops? wtf?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,456 Posts
since I did this mod SEVEN years ago, I;ll list the fuses neended to tap into next time my car in airborne on stands.

It is really simple!!!!!!!! So simple a redneck like me figured it out!!!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
civic4ges said:
I should try this out, I leave my lights on when I get to work all the time. Thankfully it does not take much juice to turn over a d-series engine!
or to bump start em in second, phew!

·
Registered
210 Posts
http://fourthgenhatch.com/headlightbuzzer.html

That writeup is pretty good for it too, with pics. It's saved me a few times from having to pop the clutch.

"unplug the #8 Taillights/License Lights/Instrument Lights Fuse. Once the fuse is unpluged take the Red Wire from the Piezo "

"unplug the #18 Rear Defroster Relay Fuse. Do the same as you did for the Red Wire for the other Black Wire "

U

·
0 Posts
I just did tis mod. Very cool. Make sure to get the little buzzer in the radio shack buzzer drawer, (Link to pics above make it seem big. )it is about as big as a quarter. Took about 2 minutes.

$3.49

Oh yeah, they call it a buzzer, but it is really more of a beep?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Anyone have Pics of how to do this???? Search isn't turning up anything and google isn't either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts