Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was wireing up a battery volt gauge and i wired the light to a RED 10 fuse under my dash and i belive that is my headlights because when i turn my head lights they dont come on but when i turn my brights on the headlights work fine and i took the gauge out and put it all back and they still dont work so

i have no clue>>>>>>><

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Neeeeeeeee11111111111111111111

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
educate yourself before just trying anything.....

test the fuse with a mutlimeter, and check the bulb for continuity to make sure they arent fried......also with a multimeter...

also why wouldnt you connect to the battery since that is where your voltage comes from, not just any 12v source in the car...... there will be a noticable difference in those 2 spots.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Was Wireing The Gauge Light To The Fuse And Arent My Brights The Same Bulbs As My Normal Ones

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes and no. They use the same housing, but there are 2 filaments inside the bulb. It's possibel the high beams still work if you surged the lowbeams hooking up your guage lights wrong.

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
Yes and no. They use the same housing, but there are 2 filaments inside the bulb. It's possibel the high beams still work if you surged the lowbeams hooking up your guage lights wrong.
werd.....

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i would just need to replace the bulbs then

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
so i would just need to replace the bulbs then
educate yourself before just trying anything.....

test the fuse with a mutlimeter, and check the bulb for continuity to make sure they arent fried......also with a multimeter...

also why wouldnt you connect to the battery since that is where your voltage comes from, not just any 12v source in the car...... there will be a noticable difference in those 2 spots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts