Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a mini me swap(b8 block y8 head) problem is when i get down on it my overflow keeps filling up and i lose all my coolant causing me to overheat

So after searching and searching i think i found my problem since i re used the head bolts i think im gettin headlift.

Mini me specs

B8 block
Y8 head
Z6 intake mani
b8 distributor
Z6 headgasket metal 3 layer
stock head bolt

My guess headlift What do u think???

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na dont think its a small leak in the head gasket it blows to much white smoke imo but idk could be

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I dont think its headlift. what headbolts did u use tho? wondern maaaaybe u didnt use tha.right.length since 95 n under use diff length on 1 vs 96+. maybe one is to long bottoming out not get tight enough. just a thought.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I dont think its headlift. what headbolts did u use tho? wondern maaaaybe u didnt use tha.right.length since 95 n under use diff length on 1 vs 96+. maybe one is to long bottoming out not get tight enough. just a thought.
Ah, you're right! I didn't catch that "minor" detail.

If you reused your stock 1.5L head bolts, one of them is too long.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
theres your problem than, the y8 requires a different bolt because of the the placement of the VTEC solenoid

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i kinda forgot to use the y8 bolt ill put one in tomorrow and see what happens. Dam i feel like a dumb ass lol

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
its ok everyone makes mistakes. hell my motor is reusing stock headbolts and has been for nearly 30k miles, and im not easy on it

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really well cross your fingers cause hopefully it will fix it and if it dont ima be pissed cause the track opens soon and im looking to get in the 9s with it. If i cant get it running right ima be mad.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Haha hope thats the prob,u kno which one needs to have the shortrr bolt?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts