Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I've got a d15b7 and soon it will be turbo'd. I can't seem to find a turbo head gasket, can anyone help me finding one or any other alternatives.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
arp headstuds most important---oem gasket

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
arp's are a must for boost! its added insurance.

as for the headgasket you will get mixed opinions on this. oem works just fine...but there's also the muti-layer steel headgasket made by cometic.

when i turboed my b7 i used the cometic headgasket and arp's. held up just fine.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I didnt use arp when I changed my headgasket, just use the regular oem bolts
wrong answer---- get the arp studs you will thank yourself later

·
Banned
156 Posts
I know a guy that has a hatch dx and its boosted, b7's are deff. faster when boosted, His surprised me, almost beat a s2000, lost by a half car link

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so using a oem gasket with arp studs will be fine even for running around 12psi. cause i was told to drop the compression to run over 10 psi.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
so using a oem gasket with arp studs will be fine even for running around 12psi. cause i was told to drop the compression to run over 10 psi.
Dude, with a built motor that setup would hold ALOT more. Yes, your OEM HG and ARPs will be fine. If you cannot get the OEm for a good price, look for a Fel_Pro.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Oem or felpro (as long as its metal) seems to be what i'm getting from this thread for boosted dseries. Now does it matter what Dseries motor or should it be for exact application (I have a D15B7 block in my 92 4dr dx civic).

Does anyone have a part number for the felpro gasket i'm going to need to use with this turbo project?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts