Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
not a wanksta
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know who makes a pretty good, yet cheap head gasket (d16z6)? besides honda, searching brings up too many oem ones. something that can handle a little boost... thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would stick to OEM, I have had good luck with that on my turbo d16y8. I had a cometic that started leaking and gradually got worse prior to that.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Tons of people have fixed head gasket leak issued by switching to commetic. Considereing they make gaskets for ferrari or soem other high performance motor ,they work very nice. However oem is good stuff also.

W

·
0 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
Tons of people have fixed head gasket leak issued by switching to commetic. Considereing they make gaskets for ferrari or soem other high performance motor ,they work very nice. However oem is good stuff also.
WOW i learned something new there.koo

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
cometic all the way.... especially for boost apps...

they have a special fire-ring to help seal the combustion chambers :TU: :beer:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hers some more info, i think they are multilayerd steel like the oem z6 gasket but they have a crush 0-ring gasket for each cylinder i think, and also a rubber type film coating that helps sealing in bad conditions.

W

·
0 Posts
yea im getting one for my next build. 100 for HEAVY duty one. not bad, the say heavdy duty is for 10psi and over....my plans ha ha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts