Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short and quick, starting another thread to try and separate this new issue from the one I had prior to doing all the work I just did.

Car - 2003 Civic EX
Engine D17A2
Block checks out good
Head brand new from Honda
Head gasket installed this morning, Victor Reinz kit
Added fluids tonight and can't get it to start.
- turns over smoothly
- Have spark
- can smell fuel
- timing is set as close as physically possible
- checked and double checked all of my sensor plugs
- checked and double checked my timing
- added oil to spark plug holes to up comp, smoked out my garage but still won't run
- Going to get a compression gauge tomorrow and test that as well, but looking for any more options I may be missing

Any help is greatly appreciated, I would like to have something that gets better than 14mpg for my 60 mi/day commute to school and back.

Thank you,
Adam Wilber

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,305 Posts
says he checked timing more than once.....

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Unplug the cam sensor, if it starts replace the sensor.

·
Registered
98 Civic LX
175 Posts
check thermostat ground?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You're losing compression most likely. Does it sound like it has compression? If you didn't seat it correctly you could be losing it, I was losing about 95% of my compression due to that, pulled the head off and there was the problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would say timing is off too like stated above. If you can verify you are getting spark and verify that fuel is going into the engine and it still wont run I would think timing is off. A lot will depend on what your compression test yields.

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
It's nearly 2 months since you said you were going to test the compression. What happened?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts