Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the question is would I be able to use a y8 head gasket since its mls on my d15b2 without any problems my friend said I could but wana make sure

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok he said before mountin it do what I would do with a mini me an take the middle layer out for a lil more compression is that true?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok d16devin question would I be able to use an si 5spd from an 89 crx si an ecu with my dpfi?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i know you pm'd me but so its here leave the headgasket alone. all 3 layers are needed and measure out to .028' or so anyway.

id strongly suggest you just convert to mpfi for the performance advantages...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
if your gonna use a mls gasket on a b2 the surfaces have to be super super clean an smooth for a mls gasket to seal properly, and its a real mofo to get that composite gasket material off.

as devin said dont fuck with the gasket use it as its ment to be used with 3 layers, and do the mpfi swap, its pretty easy and there is tons of info and diy's around

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
if your trying to raise compression you could have the head shaved at the machine shop the the head to block mating surface needs to resurfaced anyways inorder to maintaine proper sealing.. make sure the the top of the block is true as well use a real straight edge that designed and manufactured to high standards for engine building. GA438A, Straight Edge, Precision, 24"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts