Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of replacing my head gasket on my 93 civic with d16z6because it started leaking the other day. I do have plans to boost in the next couple of months but not aiming for high horsepower just something conservative. Which head gasket do you recommend I should get? I will also be getting some ARP headstuds. I've looked at the cometic multi layer steel but i'm not sure if anyone recommends something better. Let me know guys

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I'm in the process of replacing my head gasket on my 93 civic with d16z6because it started leaking the other day. I do have plans to boost in the next couple of months but not aiming for high horsepower just something conservative. Which head gasket do you recommend I should get? I will also be getting some ARP headstuds. I've looked at the cometic multi layer steel but i'm not sure if anyone recommends something better. Let me know guys
Just go OEM. If you have a larger bore size, then you have to go with Cometic or someone else who makes it in different sizes. Just don't get a graphite head gasket.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
yea it comes with the 3 layer but i thought people take off the middle layer to bump the compression?
you can but its a PITA and it doesnt make enough difference to chance blowing the HG...

·
Registered
487 Posts
yea it comes with the 3 layer but i thought people take off the middle layer to bump the compression?
You have to remove the rivets in order to do that. Adding more into a risk of blowing it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts