Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I blew my head gasket. The engine did not overheat, so I figure, resurface head to be safe, and a new head gasket. But here's the question...

I have a d16a6, with ZC pistons and rods. Higher compression than stock. Is it going to be too high to use a thinner head gasket than stock a6? I'm thinking about getting a z6/y8 metal head gasket. I have ARP head studs on there as well.

·
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
civic4ges said:
I would tihnk so yes, what kinda headgasket were you runing before?
stock A6

the z6 and y8 are thinner, so my compression ratio will go up more....will it go up more too dangerously? I have been running just fine on 89 octance with the ZC pistons/rods in the A6. 87 wont run for shit tho.

·
Registered
643 Posts
civic90ex said:
Last night, I blew my head gasket. The engine did not overheat, so I figure, resurface head to be safe, and a new head gasket. But here's the question...

I have a d16a6, with ZC pistons and rods. Higher compression than stock. Is it going to be too high to use a thinner head gasket than stock a6? I'm thinking about getting a z6/y8 metal head gasket. I have ARP head studs on there as well.
It'll float
I'd run a PM7 Mugen type of ECU program to take full advantage of the Raised C/R
retard ignition some and try to get a hold of an EXOSPEED regrind
watch out killer!!!

·
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HumanResource said:
It'll float
I'd run a PM7 Mugen type of ECU program to take full advantage of the Raised C/R
retard ignition some and try to get a hold of an EXOSPEED regrind
watch out killer!!!
i've got a sr-909 cam waiting for a good opportunity to get in....maybe this week it will :)

But my question still stands, is a y8 head gasket too thin for my engine to run on pump gas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts