Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. this is my story and im stickin to it. i did a y8 swap on a d15 block, used the y8 head bolts, and an mls head gasket. i torqued the bolts down to like 35 ft/lb, cause i didnt have my manual w/ me at the time and i didnt want to ruin the bolts or threads, HAHAHAHA but i did. it ran like shit, no comprestion and a lil coolant out the exhaust. when i took the valve cover off, it turns out that most of the bolts i could pull out with my fingers not even remotely tight. after i took the head off again i noticed a lil brass ring (snap ring?) and a spring lookin thing (gotta be the threads) came out of more than one of the bolt holes. so my real questions are, has this happened to anyone else? why me? and how to fix? maybe heil-a-coil? please post quick. Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
try to clean out your threads with parts cleaner and retap the stripped out holes
if its a no go get an new engine
i would not trust a helicoil for a head bolt

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its almost like the aluminum would not be strong enough for the head bolt threads, i thinks its a type of helicoil from the factory or maybe from the ass hole i bought it from..... i hate people.

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone? could i have put too much oil on the bolts? all i did was dip them in 5w-30 like the book said. and i didnt even tq. them down all the way. has anyone seen somethin like this? i cant be th only one.

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turns out im the dick (which is usually the case) and used the wrong head bolts the y8 head bolts are like 1.5" shorter than the d15b's so when torqued down it pulled out like the 1st couple threads. so hopefully there is enough thread there and i wont have to hang myself later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts