Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Civic Hatch Zc
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was torquing down my held bolts, 2nd pass around @53 lbs. Around 50lbs I hear a snap, I thought I broke the bolt, I pulled the bolt out and it was still in one piece, I tried to tighten it, and it keep spinning. How do I fix this problem?? Z6 head Zc block.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Personally I'd take it to a machine shop and let them helicoil it but if you're tight on the budget I don't see a reason why Time serts wouldn't be a viable option as long as you've got the right tools.

·
Registered
645 Posts
dont helicoil it, it wont hold up if your gonna boost the car. Take the block to a machine shop, they have to have a timecert kit, and they WILL replace those threads for really CHEAP. I Had that same problem, but my dad had experience with machining, he drilled 2 bigger holes in the block and 2 bigger holes on the head and i bought the individual ARP head studs that they sell. It works like a charm.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
:confused:

So use the wrong tools to do it?

:razz:
Yes!

I meant without. LOL!

Proper tools: Mill or a the VERY least a good, large drill press with very little runout on the spindle an chuck.

·
Registered
1989 Civic Hatch Zc
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for your input.. I decided to just drop the whole engine and take it to the machine shop.. they are going to time sert it. On a different note... Z6 head on Zc block, good combo?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Thank you everyone for your input.. I decided to just drop the whole engine and take it to the machine shop.. they are going to time sert it. On a different note... Z6 head on Zc block, good combo?
Non-VTEC or VTEC ZC?

A non-VTEC block would be a 1.5 mini-me and a VTEC ZC block is a Z6 block...

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts