Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question is i have realized that when i had motor built i never verified that Crower sent me the right cam and have now found out that i have a cam that is meant for a high compression motor sitting on a block that is built for boost. so the main question is do you think i can hurt or have hurt anything running it that way. i have about 800 miles on it now and everything seems good, idle is weird some times but for the majority of the time things seem good it may need the valve adjusted as i don't think they were set right from the initial build. this is a d16z6 head and block i am not running any turbo setup as i want to break in motor n/a.

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
167 Posts
Tuning?
Stock ECU?

If it's been tuned since you rebuilt it I see no issue. If it's on a stock ECU you might have issues, however that's unlikely. Do you have a Det can?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I do not have a det can. I have had no problems it is on stock Ecu no tuning yet. the guy here won't tune it until I have a turbo on it. I need to find someone that will tune it cause the guy here in Kansas wants me to spend 5 grand with him on a turbo and computer, not going to happen. I did find a head built with the right cam in it for a good price going to switch this next week or so. I will then work on finding some one to tune it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts