Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to Honda’s and have no idea what anything means but I have done some research but just need further help. I’m more of a domestic V8 guy so anything that can relate would be great. But I apparently have a D15B block and internals with a D16A6 head (I heard that some might be VTEC some not and any help with that would be great). What do I need to worry about with it and just general info about specs like redline and compression and everything would be amazing. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so power ratings and such? I’m just trying to get an idea because I have something in my head I want to do I know the B series is better and such but I’m on a budget just looking to get up with highway speeds much quicker.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,194 Posts
did you not click on the link?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you not click on the link?
I did but it doesn’t give the info I want like yes it gives me power at a certain rpm but that’s the only real useful info I can use from it, I’m mainly looking for how much it could take reliably with zero issues and a few other questions I have because for some reason I’ll be in the pedal and it’ll fall on its face but keep rpms then I give it a Tony bit more and it almost “slams” into gear like if it was a slipping automatic (I have the 5 speed). But I’m looking for like valve lash for the D16A6 head and how much power the bottom end can hold and if the bottom end is rpm limited compared to the top end like which would have issues first and things I should be worried about when it starts getting up in mileage.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,194 Posts
google is your friend. sounds like you need a new clutch and to check your timing.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,351 Posts
I did but it doesn’t give the info I want like yes it gives me power at a certain rpm but that’s the only real useful info I can use from it, I’m mainly looking for how much it could take reliably with zero issues and a few other questions I have because for some reason I’ll be in the pedal and it’ll fall on its face but keep rpms then I give it a Tony bit more and it almost “slams” into gear like if it was a slipping automatic (I have the 5 speed). But I’m looking for like valve lash for the D16A6 head and how much power the bottom end can hold and if the bottom end is rpm limited compared to the top end like which would have issues first and things I should be worried about when it starts getting up in mileage.
Comma ,
Period .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2. Just go grab a junkyard B20

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2. Just go grab a junkyard B20
Not fast just a little faster like to be able to do highway speeds before merging onto the highway, because I’m only doing 50-55 by the end of the on ramp and everyone else is usually doing 70-80 and especially with semis I feel like I’m about to get ran over

·
Registered
26 Posts
A d-series will hold less than 200hp reliably. But you’ll never get close to that without a turbo. Once you get close to that mark you need to build the bottom end or your rods will bend like a pretzel. Crank can hold like 400-500 hp all day. And as far as rpm is concerned, if you want to up the range you need to do springs/retainers. Also better rod/crank bearings aren’t a bad idea for higher rpm either. But at that point you might as well build it and throw a turbo on it if you’re gonna tear it apart just to do bearings. A cheaper way is to swap a b in it and call it a day. They produce more power and can hold more stock than any d ever will.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts