Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i got my car(which was free:thehump:) it came with an HD Radio. But i cant get any HD chanels. i read the book and it said that it would come up when i hit the button to switch between Radio and CD and stuff. Anyone know why this is or how to fix it. The radio was installed with a kit from Crutchfield so i doubt anything is not right install wise.

·
Registered
1993 civicEX
206 Posts
dude hd radio isnt like a entire new radio fm transmission its fm stations transmitting shorter waves you have to find which fm stations broadcast in hd then ur able to switch between hd1/2/3

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Yes and no. If you have a FM direct adapter its good. The fm mod output is crap. Best of all is the direct adapters for your radio through the aux in. Much better quality than an mp3 and far better than fm imo. I have a clarion pro with the clarion sirius tuner and it sounds great! Better than my ipod on most songs depends on compression.

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
Maybe they upgraded then.. I have the xm direct with aux in, and i remember it wasnt all that great. wasnt bad just, wasnt as good as a nice mp3..

but who knows, it was probably all the awesome radiating from me causing a bit of interference =p

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Yes and no. If you have a FM direct adapter its good. The fm mod output is crap. Best of all is the direct adapters for your radio through the aux in. Much better quality than an mp3 and far better than fm imo. I have a clarion pro with the clarion sirius tuner and it sounds great! Better than my ipod on most songs depends on compression.
i heard similar stuff as well. i actually had an hd radio and returned it b/c i hate radio especially down here

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i know there are stations in my area that broadcast in HD. According to directions there is a different thing to go to to get the HD ones.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
High Def commercials woohoo! What a load of crap...hd radio. Sirius/XM > hd
:werd: I have sirius and an ipod adapter that hook in through the changer controls that allows me to control them through the head unit. Sirius sounds 10x better than FM imo and it sounds better than my ipod depending on compression like Derek mentioned above. I have the option of hooking up hd to the head unit, but I refuse to pay for the tuner I need to run it just to hear the same commercials in HD lol.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
radio with commercials is gay. sound quality doesnt make up for it.

just because its an HD radio doesnt mean it has all necessary equipment to receive HD content.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts