Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Often times we overlook simple mods. We squeeze every ounce of hp out of our cars but don't even touch the factory braking system

So yesterday I installed a set of hawk brake pads on my civic. Wow what a difference! After swapping the brake pads and bleeding the lines which took no more than than a 1/2 hour my brakes were completely revived. The pedal is now really firm, and the brakes SOLID! They feel great. For about $50 I couldn't be happier.

For anyone who is going to install these I recommend following the break in precedure. It is very important to "seat" the pads against the rotor. They will feel a lot better and last a lot longer.

A+ for Hawk Brake Pads

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a buddy who did a rear disc brake shop and it rubbed me the wrong way. He got the parts cheap but ran into a lot of problems later down the road with the swap. He ended up spending a lot more money than he wanted between all the new brake lines, e brake lines, porpotioning valve, etc. Whenever he slammed on the brakes the rears would lock up, making it hard to autocross. I know a lot of people who have had sucess with the swap, but its just not worth the headache for me personally. To change out my porpotioning valve i would have to remove my blower too, to gain access to it.

I'm sure if done properly you might have some better luck!

Go get yourself some Hawks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
:werd: I agree I installed a set of Hawk HPS pads on my Civic last year. I love them!!! I followed the proper break in procedure too and haven't had any problems with them since.... I'm even running them on OEM blanks (fresh ones of course) and throughout the hardest braking I have yet to feel any pulsation/warping.

I highly recommend them for a stock brake upgrade!!! :smile:

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
I have Hawk HPS up front on my autox/daily driver CRX. I'm very happy with them, and it seems quite a few national autox champions have been as well. Rear pads are OEM.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I've got Hawk HPS on my front rotors with Honda shoes on my rear drums. Also got some Neuspeed stainless lines.

Must say that the Hawk HPS pads are def. the shit.
Car stops like a fuckin' champ! (And I've got half-ass tires too!)

-ic

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
1quicky7 said:
I have a buddy who did a rear disc brake shop and it rubbed me the wrong way. He got the parts cheap but ran into a lot of problems later down the road with the swap. He ended up spending a lot more money than he wanted between all the new brake lines, e brake lines, porpotioning valve, etc. Whenever he slammed on the brakes the rears would lock up, making it hard to autocross. I know a lot of people who have had sucess with the swap, but its just not worth the headache for me personally. To change out my porpotioning valve i would have to remove my blower too, to gain access to it.

I'm sure if done properly you might have some better luck!

Go get yourself some Hawks!
I'll never switch to rear disc, they are not needed.

If you get to the level of racing where the could be of use, you'll have plenty of sponsers to provide parts for free!!!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
A decent upgrade on all 6th gens equipped with the Y7 is the front hubs from the EX models... I've done it on my car, and I've had Brembo cross-drilled with Axxis pads...

The EX hubs stop better. Just my 2 cents. And it's a really easy install.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i do have hawk hp+ in front and rear, it work pretty wheel at low speed, but at high speed with the 9" stock front rotor they came too hot (over 160km)! i do need to upgrade this shit to noredline front 11" 4X100 :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
Over heating?
I'd lighten the load or try to get some Ducts before upgrading to bigger disks

HP + > HP street

I loved the streets

I stained my pants with the +'s!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts