1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,978 Posts
dont sweat it, mine wont run right and I cant seem to find out to do ignition timing either lol...sounds like we're in the same boat

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont sweat it, mine wont run right and I cant seem to find out to do ignition timing either lol...sounds like we're in the same boat
lol damn, it was perfect fine till that day me and my bro was headin to the party, and stop by gas station to buy a beer then my car wouldnt start after that FML

·
Registered
646 Posts
Are you guys getting a spark? How do you know you're getting fuel? Are you pulling the plugs to see if they are wet or if the cylinders smell like gas? Do you guys know how to use a multi-meter? You can test every part of your ignition to make sure it's all in spec with one. If the car is turning over but not firing you're missing one of two things. 1.Fuel 2.Spark. You can check the spark by pulling a plug and cranking the car over while the plug is connected to the wire but out of the block. If you can see it arc you're getting spark. Another thing that could be off is your timing, but if it was running fine and then wouldn't start the next minute I'm betting this issue is in your ignition system. You could have a clogged fuel filter, but I doubt it. Check your ignition and go from there. If you need help testing everything pm me and I'll get you an article on how to do it step by step.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you guys getting a spark? How do you know you're getting fuel? Are you pulling the plugs to see if they are wet or if the cylinders smell like gas? Do you guys know how to use a multi-meter? You can test every part of your ignition to make sure it's all in spec with one. If the car is turning over but not firing you're missing one of two things. 1.Fuel 2.Spark. You can check the spark by pulling a plug and cranking the car over while the plug is connected to the wire but out of the block. If you can see it arc you're getting spark. Another thing that could be off is your timing, but if it was running fine and then wouldn't start the next minute I'm betting this issue is in your ignition system. You could have a clogged fuel filter, but I doubt it. Check your ignition and go from there. If you need help testing everything pm me and I'll get you an article on how to do it step by step.
didnt check the spark yet, but i do smell the gas everytime i turn it over.
didnt check the sparks if its wet or not
and i guess i'll check that tomorrow because its raining in here as well
how can i test/check my ignition
I dont know how to use multi-meter

its strange because i never had that problem when i drove nj to florida and got there and driving around for a week then it happend, wouldnt start

·
Registered
646 Posts

its strange because i never had that problem when i drove nj to florida and got there and driving around for a week then it happend, wouldnt start
Has it been raining there a lot? Maybe you got some water in your dizzy.

To check your ignition you can start by checking for spark first off. That will be an easy one. Then you can pull the dizzy cap and begin to test the limits of everything inside of the dizzy. You can test both the ignitor and coil to make sure your spark is strong enough. Are you getting any CEL's? I forgot if you said you were or not.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has it been raining there a lot? Maybe you got some water in your dizzy.

To check your ignition you can start by checking for spark first off. That will be an easy one. Then you can pull the dizzy cap and begin to test the limits of everything inside of the dizzy. You can test both the ignitor and coil to make sure your spark is strong enough. Are you getting any CEL's? I forgot if you said you were or not.
nah i dont get any cels, or should i check my ecu led light to c if they throws a codes i seems forgot to check the code on the ecu, but on my cluster i don tc any CELS

and yes in florida've been raining a lot basically everyday for like 1 min to 15 mins

·
3,978 Posts
lol damn, it was perfect fine till that day me and my bro was headin to the party, and stop by gas station to buy a beer then my car wouldnt start after that FML
lol, mine bogged and back fired on the highway then died at a rd light....

·
3,978 Posts
I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, and drained the fuel rail and put in injector cleaner, it still wants to stall and backfire and I havent had much help on how to do ignition timing

·
3,978 Posts

dude! you got hit with the same rain that Ive been getting all day....fl ftl lol

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude! you got hit with the same rain that Ive been getting all day....fl ftl lol
haha FL SUCKS END OF THE STORY! haahahahahha

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
have you been able to get your car to start since your last post? if so what was the problem?
lol nope still wont turn over, found out the spark were orange not blue/white so i guess the dizzy's shot or the ignitor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts