Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 98 civic hatch and the vtec oil pressure sensor was broke fixed it...and came with a ecu not programmed for vtec with a y7 manifold on a d16z6 motor so I bought and OEM z6 manifold n chipped p28 ecu I believe and I'm having problems with the sensors and the hoses on it idk what goes where there's extra lines shooting out steam and coolant it looks like that don't have hoses it sensors and I can't get the Dam throttle cable and bracket set right any words of advice for the new Honda guy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I bought this 98 civic hatch and the vtec oil pressure sensor was broke fixed it...and came with a ecu not programmed for vtec with a y7 manifold on a d16z6 motor so I bought and OEM z6 manifold n chipped p28 ecu I believe and I'm having problems with the sensors and the hoses on it idk what goes where there's extra lines shooting out steam and coolant it looks like that don't have hoses it sensors and I can't get the Dam throttle cable and bracket set right any words of advice for the new Honda guy?
Hoses or sensors lol

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Get a Honda service manual. This will help emmensely. If you have coolant shooting out of hoses then there is several water lines that aren't hooked up. Also make sure there are no harnesses that are cut off or spliced in. Gl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts