Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was quoted $285 to have the crank,pistons,rods,flywheel&crank pulley balanced....is this about right?

also i was quoted $225 to have the crank turned and bearings to match the outcome....again, i just want to se if these are reasonable or should i keep looking?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
To me, have the bottom end balanced is over-kill on most setups.

Spend the $225 you would have spent a mint short block. Got a mint block and crank myself for $50. There out there!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Yeah seems high from what I pay. but then again, ive havent seen anyone get pricing like I get from this machine shop here =)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To me, have the bottom end balanced is over-kill on most setups.

Spend the $225 you would have spent a mint short block. Got a mint block and crank myself for $50. There out there!

not in GA.....sohc are million dollars out here.....sohc vtec runs the same $ or more than a CompletE LS longblock out here.....then if you get a good price $2-300 you gotta wonder if its blown cuz everybody out here is shady....

i was in FL about 2 months ago and could of got a single free but me and the guy schedule was always conflicting.

gonna see if i can get some better pricing on the machine work.thanx for the input guys.:TU:

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Do you plan on revving to the moon? If so sure it might be worth it. I have never had any engine I built balanced and never had a problem. I just try to keep the crank with the original pulley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts