Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a mini swap.. never got the vtec to work..(had to buy a oil pressure switch...had a problem wit a few other crap vtec related but anyway) FINALLY got the vtec to open up a few times and now it sounds like theres something jumping around in my cylinder head. so i took the valve cover off inspected it thoroughly and still nothing to be found. put everything back together sameeee sound.. like something is jumping up around in the head and getting slapped around by a rocker or something. i did valve lash so i know its not a valve tapping or anything.... anyone had this problem before?? any suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i put my hand on the valve cover n revved it a little and felt something hitting the valve cover but that could of been vibration from something else you know..but im pretty sure it was from something hitting the valve cover inside

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok heres another theory i have. since i have had quite a few over heating problems i BELEIVE that the over heating caused weakening in my valve springs and thats possibly whats tapping like crazy because i did valve lash and everything is to specs

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
ok heres another theory i have. since i have had quite a few over heating problems i BELEIVE that the over heating caused weakening in my valve springs and thats possibly whats tapping like crazy because i did valve lash and everything is to specs
that's quite a conclusion to jump to :)
seems you haven't had much help with this topic but i think it's because you need to be more specific with the details: sound of the noise, what rpm, what conditions, what head, any other faults, how the swap went, what engine/piston/head combo. people don't want to be guessing in the dark.
so, valve lash adjusted properly?
oil jet removed?
all springs and bolts in place with lost motion and rocker assembly?
ignition and mechanical timing correct?
i really think your theory is a bit far fetched, and weak springs would only cause probs at high rpm. (unless a valve is bent?? :pinch:)
it's not just a normal noise by any chance and you're listening too hard? they do make a small tapping noise by design

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's quite a conclusion to jump to :)
seems you haven't had much help with this topic but i think it's because you need to be more specific with the details: sound of the noise, what rpm, what conditions, what head, any other faults, how the swap went, what engine/piston/head combo. people don't want to be guessing in the dark.
so, valve lash adjusted properly?
oil jet removed?
all springs and bolts in place with lost motion and rocker assembly?
ignition and mechanical timing correct?
i really think your theory is a bit far fetched, and weak springs would only cause probs at high rpm. (unless a valve is bent?? :pinch:)
it's not just a normal noise by any chance and you're listening too hard? they do make a small tapping noise by design
it does it at idle cant hear it at high rpms, its a z6 head shaved no other problems really the swap went wwell it runs HARD its a d15b7 block everything is bolted on right and to torque specs the timing is correct the dizzy isnt advanced or retarded the noise honestly began after a few bad overheats. hence my conclusion because overheating would cause the springs to weaken

·
Registered
Red EG
189 Posts
springs are steel, you'd be hard pressed to fuck your springs and not melt the rest of your *aluminum* engine. check the lost motion assemblies, see if they're in upside down. that'd do it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think i have a similar problem i have wierd noise too and i know its not the block and the head is all stock.

my setup is a d16y8 with a b7 block i will let you know more later

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
like other posters suggested: check your lost motion assemblies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts