Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm curious, with a few friends of mine recently having to draw at and around a few of our local hang outs, who has ever had to draw their firearm?
I know alot of you carry I'm just curious.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEYYY A VA GUY, yeah man, norfolk can be rough, but doesn't really matter where i am i carry everyday. i don't leave home without it, working on my utah CHP right now. i think its 31 states

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
no CCW but i pulled mine once back in vegas...

i used to keep it on my lap...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
^^^ i was ready, in the end it kinda scared me to know i could take a life if needed...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not saying for shits or anything, like a few weeks ago a friend of mine was walking into 7-11 mid day, lets say 11:30, as he was about to walk in the door, someone ran up to him and held a knife out saying give me your wallet, he drew his cz 1911 from a bag and was in the process of drawing and turning off the saftey and chambering a round. well the whole time two state troopers were in the parking lot, they yelled stop we have it under control.

he in turn put his gun away the cops chased the guy down.

here in VA he had legal rights to shoot even with the cops yelling. needless to say everyone was happy he didn't

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ive never had to use mine thankfully. But to your story there, there is no point in carrying if its not ready to go. In a real emergency where it may be needed the time to chamber a round can be life or death.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the time to chamber a round is very min, if done properly, its not hard to chamber while pulling, thats all personal pref IMHO and doesn't make much of a different, the cops watched the whole ordeal happen hince why my friend didn't get arrested ( had they not seen it he would have, and would have been facing charges and alot of lawyer fees for saving his life)and why the kife man wasn't shot

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
the time to chamber a round is very min, if done properly, its not hard to chamber while pulling, thats all personal pref IMHO
not a personal preference. you always keep one in the chamber. the time you take to chamber a round you might be dead

anyways,1911 has a grip safety so carry it loaded with the hammer back how it was designed to be carried

I carry my usp loaded with the hammer down because Its double/single action

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I have used mine 3 different times.

1st Time I had just got home from work around 9pm walked in the house noticed two guys holding my dogs (APBT) and beating the shit out of them in my yard and another guy running my direction IDK if they were trying to get in my house or what I turned and pulled the gun from behind my front door a 30-06 as I did they took off running to a truck as I got around the corner of my house I unloaded on the truck. Called the police they arrived told them the story they located the truck only one person injured he was shot in the leg every round I fired went through the bed into the cab of the truck.

2nd Time I was driving home again from work but this was around 7pm had a guy keep trying to run me off of the road so I got back from him he slowed down and pointed a gun in my direction so I opened fire with my 45xd hit the car shattered the back glass the car never stopped and kept going had out of state plates on it never contacted the police.

3rd Time I was headed home from the hospital around 3am in the morning my grandfather was on life support turned onto my road seen a truck sitting in the middle of the road attempted to go around he took off so I get behind him then he stopped so I drove around him he followed me to the house I sent my gf into the house to grab my 30-06 and my 410 I had my 380 on me so she ran in I pulled the 380 keeping it low remind you I live in the country 3 miles from the closest highway. The doors of the truck open about the time my gf hands me my guns out the back door as I came around front he fired shots at the house. So I unloaded the 380 his direction about 100 yards away in almost pitch black darkness grabbed the 410 unloaded it and grabbed for the 30-06 while he was pulling out of the driveway he drove down the road about 1/4 miles got out fired another round I unloaded the -06 called the police told them what happened described the truck. 2-1/2 hours later the police showed up at my house they had found the truck less than 5 miles away they said no one was hit but the truck was totaled It had 5 rounds that had entered the engine bay and numerous spots from the 410 all down the driver side. They found the driver never located his gun. Found out he was drinking and driving at the age of 23 with two 13 year old girls that had been raped by him.

The whole reason I got my concealed carry in the first place I was working for USPS in Tulsa Ok headed home from work a guy cut me off so I honked my horn of course the guy pulled a gun fired 3 rounds at me never hit me or my truck I called the police I chased him for a few miles lost him policed never located him. So then I found it was my time to get a carry permit.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats some crazy stuff, hard pass, all very odd tho. I live in the country more so than that but i work walking distance from DC, on the VA side, i carry my gun with me all the time, when i legally can that is. to many close calls, i was at the navy yard 10 mins before the shooting started. and of course in DC i can't carry...

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I live 3 miles from the highway but about 30 miles away from any larger towns so we have over 20 guns in my home my wife knows how to shoot my 4 year old son knows how to shoot and my 4 year old daughter can but does not like to.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
No carry concealed permit. But my wife always has the hammer when she is around town, especially with the kids with her. I have never had to pull it. If I did I think someone one would have to be dead.

Problem is CALI has no stand your ground laws. A victim cannot escalate and assault beyond the point of where the assailant does. IE; they pull a knife, all I can do is pull a knife, they use fists I can only use fists. However my wifes argument is this, she has my children to protect, and if she were in a position to fire on someone to save my kids life well then I guess we would have to deal with the laws then. Myself being a 255 lbs 6'0" male, I dont have such an argument. I should be the protection...... laws suck. EVERY state needs stand your ground laws!

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
I have been mugged a few times all on the road. Otr driver. Talked my way out.

One time me and Brian had a thing with 10 drunk rednecks in a truck trying to push me in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. then beat me up after they blocked us he called the cops I found an opening and drove awAy really fast.

and got in a fight with a lot lizzard handled it would rather not say then drove awAy. Just glad I carry my knife.

In all honesty I would probably not unless it was absolutely absolutely necessary even then I don't have a problem shooting someone ,who has it coming and my life is in extreme danger, but I just would rather die than deal with the court bs or going to jail. I don't get to carry much because I'm in and out of shitty il due to family and chillin with 4door. But I usually keep the ak in the passenger seat with a loaded mag right by and a 357 in my pocket. But in il and otr driving I carry my buck knife would be way more prone to use than a gun. I can't miss with a knife and no stray bullets. But if I could carry in the truck I would in a heartbeat but company rules.

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^ Welcome to Oklahoma. Bunch of deranged redneck fucks round everwhere. Im too young to carry on me, but im lookin for something to keep in my truck thats smaller than my 870. 45 1911 or a XDs would be ideal. Fat slow projectiles ftw.

Early this year I was driving my (at the time) girl home, whem I noticed a cherokee or durango (something that size) following me, I pulled into a church parking lot and flipped a bitch and managed to evade without having to grab the 870. (Provided the need had arised)

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Oklahoma does blow balls for the dealing with retarded rednecks and a bunch of just all around dumb f*cks

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Ive never had to use mine thankfully. But to your story there, there is no point in carrying if its not ready to go. In a real emergency where it may be needed the time to chamber a round can be life or death.
Why have the safety on on a 1911?. That's why I like revolvers point pull trigger also easier to hide

1 - 20 of 98 Posts