Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and searching and i still cant find my answer. I Recently bought a gm 3 bar map sensor. I am trying to find out how to wire it.

My questions that need to be answered.
1. Do you need a resistor box?
2. Does it matter if you wire it into a obd2 harness instead of a obd1
3. How do you wire it into a 96 civic, obd2a harness?
4. What settings will i need to change ? im using hondata s300

Please help a DSO member out!

Link of prove that i searched!
http://www.hondata.com/tech3barmap.html

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its easy there are only three wires. find out which one is the power, ground, and map signal. then tap. you do not need a resistor box, that is only for injectors if you are running peak/hold low impedance i think. You should have a setting in hondata to use a 3 bar.
thank you! do u know any write ups?

·
Registered
903 Posts
I would just do the DIY 3bar map one. It is exactly how you need to wire it up. You can either cut and splice or you just make the adapter harness thats shown there. As this is the exact was I will be doing mine. That way if I ever swap to a pnp map sensor I dont have to splice the harness again.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would just do the DIY 3bar map one. It is exactly how you need to wire it up. You can either cut and splice or you just make the adapter harness thats shown there. As this is the exact was I will be doing mine. That way if I ever swap to a pnp map sensor I dont have to splice the harness again.
so u take a busted map sensor and u do everything in that DIY above. But do u leave your old tps on the throttle body and just have your Conversion 3 bar map sensor plugged into the harness?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah and have to get a block off plate where the old map went on the TB or make one. can always use the bottom of the original map and seal the hole up in it to block off the map sensor hole.

If you drill the rivets out of the stock map it is a 2 piece case. The top and the bottom. Like in this pic from Xenocron.

Just take and fill the nipple with some sort of epoxy and put it back on and call it a day. You will have to either use shorter screws or a spacer. You can also plastic weld or epoxy a nipple to it so you can run a vacuum line from it to the new GM 3 bar.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah and have to get a block off plate where the old map went on the TB or make one. can always use the bottom of the original map and seal the hole up in it to block off the map sensor hole.

If you drill the rivets out of the stock map it is a 2 piece case. The top and the bottom. Like in this pic from Xenocron.

Just take and fill the nipple with some sort of epoxy and put it back on and call it a day. You will have to either use shorter screws or a spacer. You can also plastic weld or epoxy a nipple to it so you can run a vacuum line from it to the new GM 3 bar.
thank you sirrrrrr!!

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Or you can run an adapter fitting on the stock MAP location and run a vac line to your remote-mounted GM 3bar, like what I did :

1 - 20 of 20 Posts