Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have just added a zex camshaft and aem cam sprocket into my D15B. However after that, I experience a funny behaviour such that when I travel at a constant speed, I can feel the engine is jerking, feels like lost of power or not enough fuel injection. I check with my mechanic, they said this is normal after camshaft changes. Is this true? Or is it the timing is out when they install it for me? Need your helps urgently. Thanks. :cry:

· Registered
1987 CRXSi
727 Posts
Cahnging a camshaft changes the need for ignition and fuel maps - what did you do to compensate for these? If you didn't do anything, yes, you could feel jerking in the motor.

Kirk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I am using apexi VAFC to compensate. I have tried setting it, and I think it helps a little. May I know what is your suggestion on how to tune it? Do I tuned the compensation more negative or positive? By compensating negatively, it reduces the fuel injection, am I right? Hope that you can help me. Kind of irrritating when the car jerks when you are cruising. Thanks for replies.

· Registered
1987 CRXSi
727 Posts
As I stated, I am not a fan of add ons - so, I don't and have never used them. Sorry that I can't offer you any help in that area, but I am sure someone else here can.

What ECU are you running? I may be able to help you in other ways...

Kirk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, currently I am using a vafc, do you think if i use a apexi ITC to adjust the ignition timing, will it help? Or should i get a e-manage?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive also installed a zex cam and a cam gear at the same time and I dont seem to have that problem. The zex 59300 is a mild cam and should not cause your engine to jerk like that, especially when cruising. It sounds like a timing problem or one of your sparkplugs went bad. Try checking them out and see if that solves your problem. :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, I suspect it to be a timing problem. Do you have any idea how it can be verified or what can be done? Will a apexi ignition timing control (ITC)coupled with vafc help? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it a JDM D15B???? Check your motor mounts....one of mine went and my moter went all shakey and it made a terrable nosie when a stepped on it?? Please let me know....i have been lookin for a good replacement cam....i was told that the driver train for the d15b was tottaly different form the rest Later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, yes, its a D15B. I have check the engine mount, its quite new. I have also changed the plug cables, its still the same. How can I verify whether it is a timing problem? It happens only when crusing, or is it because the engine were switching between 12 to 16 valves? Mine is a 3 stage vtec. I discovered that it happens around rpm 1800 to 3000.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, it came with my car when i bought it. By the way, I am from Singapore, we dont have the luxury of changing engines when we like it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EK3VTI said:
Hi, it came with my car when i bought it. By the way, I am from Singapore, we dont have the luxury of changing engines when we like it.
hi ek3vti,

have u got the problem resolved? maybe getting the ITC would help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EK3VTI said:
hi ek3vti,

have u got the problem resolved? maybe getting the ITC would help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.