Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes,

Got a new Dizzy installed. wouldnt start, turned over like it wanted to but didnt start. soooooooo i took it to the shop and of course they got it runniong, but car feels lazy and now my oil light is on, comes to find out. i looked thru a few forums on here about the FIRING order and this is what it supposed to look like..

Proper firing order for d16z6..

ok now this is my d16z6..

obviously it's in the wrong firing order but the car runs and starts this way........... the wires look sloppy first of all..

so i then go and place the wires in it's proper firing order. the car cranks but will not start..

any ideas. got new cap and rotor too.. HELP PLease....

·
Registered
'89 CRX Si
469 Posts
Take your number one plug out, and your distributor cap off. Get a long screwdriver or dowel, and make sure your piston is at TDC - top dead center. Now go look at your rotor and tell me if it's pointing in the number 1 firing position...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Rotate the wire orders 180 on the cap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did, i put the wires in it's proper firing order like in the 1st pic. i then tried to start the car with the wire being in proper position and engine would not start.. ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Injector wires. they were never removed at all or even looked at. lol..... all this happened after my old dizzy went to shit. got a new one replaced it myself, put it back the way the old one was and it wouldnt start from there. took it to the shop and they got it to start but with putting the spark plug wires in the wrong firing order i guess. bcuz the car came back to me the way u see it in pic #2..

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,665 Posts
Take your number one plug out, and your distributor cap off. Get a long screwdriver or dowel, and make sure your piston is at TDC - top dead center. Now go look at your rotor and tell me if it's pointing in the number 1 firing position...
What he said...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it actually went in smooth.. i noticed the fork part thing of the dizzy goes in one way only.. so yea it went in smooth. well the d16 is due for a new oil pump. oil light is on while driving.. and new timing belt and water. ima do that and see where i end up from there will keep you all posted. ill make sure it's in proper firing order.. now i told a buddy of mines that the wires are basically on wrong and it runs, but not like it normally does all peppy and stuff. he mentioned that maybe they reversed the compression? wut the hell does that mean?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts