Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got water pouring in right around my right shock on the hatch of my crx causing bad smell and condensation on the windows which isnt good for the system i just installed. have any of you had this and fixed it , i know there is a seal there but where would i get it? Honda place? and how much or is this even myproblem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Remove the molding trim peices around the area of the exterior of the car. See if you seal any sealer that is cracked or spliting. If so just reseal the area. I had to remove my hatch lid and reseal the entire rear of the car with body sealer. Never leaked again. But they usally leak in several different spots so I just resealed everything because mine had cracks and splits all around the entire hatch area by the roof and on each side of mowhawk strips on the roof.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly where are you talking about are you talking about the interior trip pieces or the rubber molding gasket for the hatch or what. or did i just miss read or overlook something

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
on the crx that i had the molding on the glass shrunk causing a leak... from what i heard anyways common problem to crx's which is why i think honda went with a different style trunk design on the delsol... i have seen an aftermarket version of this trunk style available for the crx ( forget who makes it offhand) personally like the looks of the crx rear as is though

·
Registered
349 Posts
this happen to me on my 88 crx ...it was leaking in the same place ...but i notice there was some cracking around where the hatch bolts up to the body..i used window weld ..its for installing windshilds ..bot it works , and stopped my leak..you should try it

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill look and see if that ma be the case thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts