Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04 F150,00 ITR, CIVI
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t2 flanged turbo manifold and downpipe combo I picked up for a good deal a few months back. With that being said I am limited to turbo choices with internal wastegates (ie gt28xx, t28,t25, gt30-wg) or a t25 housing. Anyways I was looking at ATP site and found a turbine.

This turbine option:

Special Turbine Housing T25-EWG-44 : atpturbo.com

I can get this for the t3/t4 garrett as an option which would be much cheaper.

76 trim seams a little big for a D series. however I like the fact that it could give me some room in the engine bay (exhaust housing clocked towards the passenger side) while being able to run an external wastegate (44mm) with an extension.
My goals are anywere from 225hp up to 350hp on a 1.5 d15b vtec which would be daily driven mostly. I have looked at cheaper alturnatives (journal bearing gt28).
Just looking for feedback

thanks

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
That housing is only for the GT28,30, 35 or stg3 t3/t4. And for the price you should be able to get a turbo to meet your hp goals.

·
Registered
04 F150,00 ITR, CIVI
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know. I am trying to deturmine if going that route and being able to have an external wastegate as apposed to an internal wastegate (gt series turbos) is worth the price of moving up to a larger AR

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
A internal should be fine at those hp levels. If you experience boost creep with the internal gate there are ways of remedying that. You can even block off the internal gate, and run a external without having to buy/change housings. 44mm seems excessive for those levels, generally a 38mm will be cheaper and flow plenty.

You can run a higher a/r with a smaller turbo if you go with one that will put you in the lower side of your hp goals. .60ish on a t3/t4 should get you to the higher end of your set goal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts