Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to boost atleast 15-20 psi on my built d16z6. I was just looking into map sensors and 2.5 would be good but i was reading that with the omnipower ones you cant get the right settings on hondata? cause im using hondata. DO YOU HAVE TO select custom & input the scalar & offset? FOR THE 2.5 BAR MAP SENSOR??? is that true? I am on omnipowers website and they have no settings for the 2.5 bar map sensor on instructions to change settings??? im confused

i was gonna go with this one
Omni Power 2.5 Bar Map Sensor Civic D16z6 D16y8 D15b - eBay (item 250619627800 end time Apr-16-11 13:56:39 PDT)

Answers would be much greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the only setting for the Omni/Hondata map sensor is the 4 bar. if you only want a 2.5 bar and dont want to have to do custom settings then get a Motorolla 2.5 bar. i believe they sell them on xenocron.com and they work well.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have omnipower 4 bar, 2 different tuners have tuned my car, and neither have had problems.

I am pretty sure in Crome, and eCtune they have presets for the 4 bar. Not sure about Hondata. Are you tuning it yourself?

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
if you are using S300, there is a setting in the Hondata software SManager that is ready for the Hondata/Omni 4 bar map sensors. using one on my buddys poorman type r turbo, works like a champ

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
the only setting for the Omni/Hondata map sensor is the 4 bar.
I have omnipower 4 bar
I am pretty sure in Crome, and eCtune they have presets for the 4 bar. Not sure about Hondata.
I just bought a Speedfactory - Omnipower/Hondata 4 Bar map sensor for $90 shipped, $6 cheaper, the 4 Bar vs. the 2.5 Bar. Just buy the 4 Bar and you won't have any issues with the settings. Screw on, and select Omnipower/Hondata Map sensor. Easy as that. No hassles with custom settings and trial/error.
Speedfactory Honda 4 Bar Map Sensor Turbo Civic Integra - eBay (item 200592541331 end time Apr-09-11 11:58:56 PDT)
if you are using S300, there is a setting in the Hondata software SManager that is ready for the Hondata/Omni 4 bar map sensors. using one on my buddys poorman type r turbo, works like a champ
Im seeing a trend here!:bigok:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
well it is a factory style map sensor that sits right inside the throttle body where it has the highest point of vacuum for a more accurate reading.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
I have an OMNI 3Bar, i'm running it on S300, not a single problem. If you end up getting a 3bar I have the exact settings you need to run flawlessly, they weren't hard to find either. Also, smack the idiot that told you "you can't get the settings right", shit was easy.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
if you don't need a 4 bar, don't get a 4 bar. You loose MAP resolution, and that is not really a great thing for drivability, though, it can be tuned around, it is highly non ideal.
If you're using any software that's worth a fuck just scale it as you need it

My car will never see over 30psi even on 116 at the track so I just scaled it down to 30psi in ectune and it bumped the resolution up :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
no, GM 3bars blow

1 - 20 of 23 Posts