Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried this? thinking of it with fuel bar/ air intake... i'd go nitrous but am concern with the legality of it.. i assume this kit is street legal? yes i know quoting one of my favourite sayings " assumption is the mother of all @*&! ups!" am located in new york state so would value the opinions of any new yorkers that have experience with this ...thanks

·
Brokedick Millionaire
41,007 Posts
technically both are illegal.........something about having a "bomb" inside the car.......aka high pressure storage tank.

What intercooler you running that you need a CO2 kit?

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so naaawwwzzz is illegal. ive had cops look at my bottle b4, and say nothing.
heard as long as bottle valve is closed/ disconnected they won't do anything? my thoughts on this is what if u are equipped with a remote bottle opener? i guess the line must be disconnected then? i know of 1 guy in new york that has it...same situation been pulled with it but as long as they don't catch u using it they pretty much leave u alone...and there was no where to hide it on his bike

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
well seeing as its just compressed CO2, i do belive that would be considered a fire extinguisher if it did happen to explode due to pressure. So yea as long as its strapped in good, then it could only benifit in case of emergency. But as far as performance, i would belive that its a waste of time seein as how the air isnt that hot to begin with, but for forced induction on the intercooler, it would be just as good as sprayin nos on the intercooler and cheaper to refill i think.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
41,007 Posts
Moroso cool can will HURT power. It was made for old carbed cars that would vapor lock with such low fuel pressure and being close to engine heat.

You don't need all that. Matter of fact a Autometer water temp gauge will yeild the best gains and consistancy at the drag strip.

155 before burnout, 170 as you stage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.